Using the File Manager in your Domain and Hosting Management Account
1. Log in to reveal your list of Hosted Domains below. Click the one you wish to access using File Manager
2. Use the cPanel login information shown with each domain to access the File Manger feature
3. Use the below guide to find your way to the File Manager and it's use
Here's just part of the cPanel you'll see! Click the File Manager icon to get started.
On the left is a list of root folders in your webspace and to the right a list the files and subfolders in any folder selected.
SWEET! a LIVE page editor
NOTE: If you use Joomla or other website creation software we suggest you don't edit pages using this tool or any other standard editor. Sticking with the system designed by your software maker is always the best idea. But for those of you who want to whip up a quick page.. or edit one on the fly... this tool rocks! Along the top of your File Manager you can see the HTML editor icon. It will open a separate page that lets you edit and save your changes.
1. The coolcom hosting welcome page is still showing
- The hosting welcome page is named index.htm
- Be sure your HOME page is named index.htm or index.html - this will eliminate the welcome page and replace with yours
- All home pages should be called one of these two names OR index.php in the case of Content Management Sites
2. My pictures are not showing up even though they do on my PC.
- The net is not a PC. For instance, there are no backslashes on the net.. they are all forward slashes. So you have to make sure your pictures are pathed with the correct locations and also parked where your html specifies, othrwise it will show up blank on your page. If you are not sure.. it may be a great idea to get a webmaster or take a couple local lessons.